Further to 93mm rainfall in February, and widespread localised flooding, after extensive course inspections the decision has been made to reopen the course to members only on Saturday 7th March. This does mean that the pre-scheduled Winter Stableford will go ahead as planned. Please be aware that tee times must be booked for the competition and casual play by members. Tee times are still available on BRS and on the entry sheet displayed on the notice board in the club foyer. As ever, those players that do play over the weekend and coming days, please carry if possible to ensure we protect the course; those using trolleys are again advised to keep to paths and the rough to minimise damage caused by wheels. The greens staff have been working tirelessly to get the course back open and we cannot thank them enough for their tremendous efforts during this difficult time. And of course, our thoughts are those with those in Snaith, Cowick, Gowdall and surrounding areas who have been affected by the recent floods.
The met office have now confirmed record breaking rainfall for February 2020. Check out their article for full details: https://bit.ly/2Iq6UeK Thank you, The Greens Committee